Active Shooter Response Training
Active shooter incidents are an increasing phenomenon in the United States that has left hundreds of American wounded or killed. While there is no guarantee of your personal safety if you should ever be a victim of a shooter, there are steps you can take to increase your chance of survival. This active shooter response training course describes the warning signs to look for of potential violent behavior and describes the actions you can take in an active shooter situation and how to respond when law enforcement arrives.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what actions to take when in an active shooter situation.
- Recognize behavioral warning signs of potential violence and/or violent behavior.
- Recall what and when to report issues.
- List and describe the three actions to take in an active shooter event.
- Describe how to respond when law enforcement arrives.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Employee Preparedness
- Run. Hide. Fight.
- Responding to Law Enforcement
Who should take this course?
Everyone. Active shooter events happen at more than just schools and higher learning facilities like colleges and universities. This course was designed with all ages in mind.