Volume discounts apply above 25 learners. Contact Evolve sales for a price quote and to schedule your free course evaluation!
Chemical Safety Training
The healthcare industry is a high-risk industry to the workers it employs, particularly when it comes to chemical use. The use of chemicals is widespread in healthcare and includes: cleaning agents, disinfecting and sterilizing agents, laboratory chemicals, medical gases, anesthetic agents, and cytotoxic drugs and pharmaceutical substances. If improperly used, handled, or stored, chemicals can cause serious harm to healthcare workers and patients. Because of these risks, it is important that healthcare workers receive training in chemical safety to ensure they work safely with chemicals. This chemical safety training course informs healthcare workers on chemical hazards and how to safely use, store and handle chemicals.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recall the two main chemical classes and examples from each class.
- List the three routes of chemical exposure.
- Explain the dose response relationship.
- Recall health and safety problems posed by chemical exposure.
- Recall common exposure limit terms and why exposure limits are important; and
- List types of prevention and protection methods and understand when each should be used.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Chemical Hazards
- Routes of Exposure
- Prevention and Protection
Volume Discounts & Course Delivery Options
Volume discounts apply for all Evolve e-Learning safety and compliance courses above 25 learners. Online shoppers can select a healthcare compliance course bundle for even greater savings!
Larger organizations can contact us today to discuss your training needs and for a free course evaluation! We can design the course bundle that meets your specific training requirements and budgetary needs.
You can deliver our courses on your current LMS or Evolve’s hosted LMS for fast implementation.