Learn to identify and prevent drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace.
Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace
Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Training
The 2012 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse estimated the number of users of illicit drugs in the United States ages 12 and over to be about 24 million. In addition, the survey estimated 6.8% of Americans abuse or are dependent on alcohol. A majority of these individuals are in the workforce. So, how does this effect you? The U.S. Department of Labor estimates workers who abuse drugs or alcohol are three and a half times more likely to be involved in a workplace accident compared to individuals who do not. In fact, 47% of industrial injuries are directly related to alcohol abuse or alcoholism so substance abuse is a problem that affects the safety of all employees and the workplace. This drug and alcohol free workplace training course details ways to recognize possible substance abuse, steps organizations can take to prevent substance abuse, how to get help, and the appropriate reporting procedures.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recall the financial and emotional toll of substance abuse in the workplace.
- Explain employer policies that help create and maintain a workplace free of substance abuse.
- List employer, supervisor and employee responsibilities regarding drug and alcohol use in the workplace.
- Describe the signs and effects of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Recall risk factors for substance abuse and how to lessen those risk factors.
- Explain prevention and intervention strategies.
- Recognize enabling behaviors and abuser traps and how to avoid them.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Cost of Substance Abuse
- Policies and Responsibilities
- Signs and Effects of Substance Abuse
- Prevention and Intervention
Volume Discounts & Course Delivery Options
Volume discounts apply for all Evolve e-Learning safety and compliance courses above 25 learners. Online shoppers can select a healthcare compliance course bundle for even greater savings!
Larger organizations can contact us today to discuss your training needs and for a free course evaluation! We can design the course bundle that meets your specific training requirements and budgetary needs.
You can deliver our courses on your current LMS or Evolve’s hosted LMS for fast implementation.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.