Laboratory Safety course to provide your staff the knowledge to work safely in a laboratory.
Laboratory Safety Courses
More than 500,000 workers are employed in laboratories in the U.S. The laboratory environment can be a hazardous place to work. Laboratory work requires knowledge, skill, and attention to detail as workers are exposed to numerous potential hazards including chemical, biological, physical and radioactive hazards, as well as musculoskeletal stresses. Employees need to understand each hazard and take proper precautions to protect themselves and co-workers at all times. The purpose of this online laboratory safety training course is to teach employees lab safety requirements to ensure that they know how to prevent accidents, injuries, and illness on the job. By completing this course learners will be able to understand the Chemical Hygiene Plan, identify laboratory hazards, take proper precautions to protect themselves, and act effectively in an emergency.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize different hazards found in a laboratory setting.
- Identify routes of exposure for hazardous substances.
- Recall laboratory hazard protection and control programs and procedures
- Recall safe work practices for chemical, physical, and safety hazards in a laboratory setting.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Chemical Hazards
- Biological Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- Safety Hazards
- 1910.1450 – The Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories standard(FCA)
- 1910.1200 – The Hazard Communication standard
- 1910.1030 – The Bloodborne Pathogens standard
- 1910.132 – The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) standard
- 1910.138 – The Hand Protection standard
- 1910.133 – The Eye and Face Protection standard
- 1910.134 – The Respiratory Protection standard
- 1910.147 – The Control of Hazardous Energy standard
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.