Volume discounts apply above 25 learners. Contact Evolve sales for a price quote and to schedule your free course evaluation!
Patient Abuse & Neglect
Patient Abuse & Neglect Training
Abuse and neglect can happen to any patient; however, elderly and mentally or physically disabled patients are at a higher risk, as are those in long-term care facilities. It is not known for certain how many patients suffer or have suffered from abuse because many cases go unreported and unrecognized. Often, healthcare professionals miss the signs of patient abuse because they haven’t had adequate training on detecting abuse. This patient abuse and neglect training course provides the information healthcare workers need recognize abuse and neglect and how to prevent it from happening.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the five types of patient abuse and characteristics of each.
- Recognize common signs of patient abuse and neglect.
- Recall the importance of prompt reporting and proper documentation.
- Describe ways to prevent patient abuse and neglect.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Types of Abuse
- Signs of Abuse and Neglect
- Reporting Abuse and Neglect
- Preventing Abuse and Neglect
- Elder Justice Act of 2009 – Subtitle H Section 6701 – 6703
- Nursing Home Reform Act
- 42 CFR 483.12 Freedom from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- The Joint Commission Standard PC.3.10
Volume Discounts & Course Delivery Options
Volume discounts apply for all Evolve e-Learning safety and compliance courses above 25 learners. Online shoppers can select a healthcare compliance course bundle for even greater savings!
Larger organizations can contact us today to discuss your training needs and for a free course evaluation! We can design the course bundle that meets your specific training requirements and budgetary needs.
You can deliver our courses on your current LMS or Evolve’s hosted LMS for fast implementation.