Volume discounts apply above 25 learners. Contact Evolve sales for a price quote and to schedule your free course evaluation!
Patient Rights Training
Every patient who enters a healthcare facility deserves to be treated with dignity and respect and be empowered to make personal decisions about their healthcare choices. These two tenets are at the core of the patient bill of rights. A list of guarantees first developed in 1973 and then revised in 1992, by the American Hospital Association. Healthcare providers and healthcare workers have a responsibility to provide care to patients in need. This patient rights training course informs healthcare workers on the rights patients are guaranteed so they are able to identify and protect against any violation of those rights. Just as important as the physical care is making sure providers and workers abide by and protect the rights, guaranteed by law, patients have.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recall the specific rights patients have under 42 CFR 482.13 and 42 U.S.C.A. 1395dd.
- Recognize all three forms of consent.
- Recall the different types of advance directives and what their purpose is.
- Recall the criteria for the proper use of restraint and seclusion.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Right to Treatment
- Notice and Exercise of Patient Rights
- Right to Privacy, Safety and Confidentiality of Records
- Restraint and Seclusion
- Patient Visitation Rights
Volume Discounts & Course Delivery Options
Volume discounts apply for all Evolve e-Learning safety and compliance courses above 25 learners. Online shoppers can select a healthcare compliance course bundle for even greater savings!
Larger organizations can contact us today to discuss your training needs and for a free course evaluation! We can design the course bundle that meets your specific training requirements and budgetary needs.
You can deliver our courses on your current LMS or Evolve’s hosted LMS for fast implementation.