Volume discounts apply above 25 learners. Contact Evolve sales for a price quote and to schedule your free course evaluation!
Safe Patient Handling
Safe Patient Handling Training
Nurses, aids, physical therapists, emergency workers, clinic staff and other healthcare workers all face the hazards associated with patient lifting and handling. In fact, the single greatest risk factor for overexertion injuries in healthcare workers is the manual lifting, moving and repositioning of patients, residents or clients. This safe patient handling course informs healthcare workers on safe handling and lifting techniques in order to reduce and prevent injuries to workers and patients.
This course is updated with the “VHA Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Algorithms (2014 revision)” and the NAON “Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Algorithms for the Adult Orthopaedic Patient” which are both available for learners to download as a training resource.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define ergonomics and musculoskeletal disorders or MSDs.
- Identify patient handling risk factors and ways to reduce these risk factors.
- Explain the importance of job planning.
- Recall techniques for safe patient handling.
- Recall the decision making process for lifts and transfers.
- Explain the benefits of safe patient handling programs.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Planning a Patient Move
- Lifting and Transferring Techniques
- The Benefits of Safe Patient Handling
Volume Discounts & Course Delivery Options
Volume discounts apply for all Evolve e-Learning safety and compliance courses above 25 learners. Online shoppers can select a healthcare compliance course bundle for even greater savings!
Larger organizations can contact us today to discuss your training needs and for a free course evaluation! We can design the course bundle that meets your specific training requirements and budgetary needs.
You can deliver our courses on your current LMS or Evolve’s hosted LMS for fast implementation.