Volume discounts apply above 25 learners. Contact Evolve sales for a price quote and to schedule your free course evaluation!
Texas HB300 & HIPAA Compliance
Texas HB300 & HIPAA Privacy Training
Covered entities and business associates doing business in Texas have specific requirements they must follow for the protection and disclosure of patient health information. This course provides an overview of the privacy and security components of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the additional requirements mandated by the HITECH Act and the Omnibus Final Rule and the specific privacy requirements mandated by Texas HB300. Updated with the Omnibus Final Rule this course provides the foundation for understanding the HIPAA privacy and security regulations and the new requirements of the Omnibus Final Rule. It is designed for healthcare providers and other covered entities who need to provide HIPAA training to their staff. These include physician groups, medical practices, hospitals, ASC’s, and clearinghouses.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- List the major components of HIPAA Privacy and Security rules and Texas HB300;
- Describe the rules about using and disclosing protected health information (PHI);
- Describe how individual rights are protected under HIPAA;
- Recall good security practices;
- Describe breach notification; and
- Recall the HIPAA and HB300 penalty and enforcement provisions.
- Introduction and Objectives
- HIPAA Basics
- Using and Disclosing PHI
- Individuals’ Rights of Access to PHI
- Securing PHI
- Breach Notification Rules
Volume Discounts & Course Delivery Options
Volume discounts apply for all Evolve e-Learning safety and compliance courses above 25 learners. Online shoppers can select a healthcare compliance course bundle for even greater savings!
Larger organizations can contact us today to discuss your training needs and for a free course evaluation! We can design the course bundle that meets your specific training requirements and budgetary needs.
You can deliver our courses on your current LMS or Evolve’s hosted LMS for fast implementation.