HIPAA Privacy & Security Training for Covered Entities
Training for Organizations and Individuals. Includes Updated Content for 2018. Including HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule
Covered entities have specific requirements they must follow for the protection and disclosure of patient health information. Updated with the Omnibus Final Rule this course provides the foundation for understanding the HIPAA privacy and security regulations and the new requirements of the Omnibus Final Rule. It is designed for healthcare providers and other covered entities who need to provide HIPAA training to their staff. These include physician groups, medical practices, hospitals, ASC’s, and clearinghouses.
Covered entities are required to provide HIPAA training to staff members when they are initially hired and it is also a good practice to provide refresher training to staff members annually to ensure they understand the HIPAA requirements for protecting patient health information. Our HIPAA Privacy & Security Awareness course is the perfect course to provide annual awareness training to your staff following initial training in the HIPAA Privacy & Security for Covered Entities course.
Who should take this course?
This course is developed for front line supervisors, workers, students, trainees and volunteers who work with protected health information for healthcare providers, health insurance companies and healthcare clearinghouses.
Examples of covered entities include but is not limited to:
- Medical Practices
- Group Practices
- Health insurance companies
- Healthcare clearinghouses
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- List the components of the HIPAA Privacy Rule;
- List who and what is covered by the Privacy Rule;
- Describe covered entities’ responsibilities under HIPAA;
- Describe how Individuals’ rights are protected under HIPAA;
- Describe the rules about using and disclosing PHI;
- Describe the security rule and good security practices;
- Describe the breach notification requirements; and
- Recall the HIPAA penalty and enforcement provisions.
- HIPAA Basics
- Using and Disclosing PHI
- Individuals’ Rights of Access to PHI
- Securing PHI
- Breach Notification Rules
Click the button below for additional information about HIPAA.