This HIPAA awareness course is perfect for the staff of covered entites to complete annually to maintain awareness of the requirements to protect patient health information. It provides an overview of the HIPAA rules and is updated with the Omnibus Final Rules. Pricing is per licensed user. Contact us for volume discounts.
HIPAA Privacy & Security Awareness
HIPAA Privacy & Security Awareness Training
This HIPAA training course is an overview of the HIPAA privacy and security regulations and is generally taken by employees who have previously completed the HIPAA Privacy & Security for Covered Entities course. This HIPAA training awareness course is intended to keep employees aware of the privacy and security rules and the importance of protecting patient health information and electronic security. It is developed for front line supervisors, workers, trainees and volunteers who work with protected health information for healthcare providers, health insurance companies and healthcare clearinghouses.
Examples of covered entities include:
- Group Practices
- Health insurance companies
- Healthcare clearinghouses
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- List the major components of HIPAA Privacy and Security rules;
- Describe the rules about using and disclosing protected health information (PHI);
- Describe how individual rights are protected under HIPAA;
- Recall good security practices;
- Describe breach notification; and
- Recall the HIPAA penalty and enforcement provisions.
- HIPAA Basics
- Using and Disclosing PHI
- Individuals’ Rights of Access to PHI
- Securing PHI
- Breach Notification Rules
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.