Volume discounts apply above 25 learners. Contact Evolve sales for a price quote and to schedule your free course evaluation!
Shipping Infectious Substances
Packing & Shipping Infectious Substances Training
This shipping for infectious substances training course is designed for any employee who performs pre-transportation functions for shipping infectious substances, such as packaging, marking, labeling, completion of shipping papers, or supervises employees who perform these activities. This includes doctors, nurses and other medical professionals and employees at hospitals, colleges, pharmaceutical companies, medical clinics or offices, laboratories, research facilities, or other facilities that have diagnostic specimens or samples containing live cultures of pathogenic organisms.
The U.S. DOT requires all hazmat employees receive general awareness, security awareness, and function-specific training (49 CFR 172.704). Air shippers must also comply with additional regulatory mandates provided in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. With enforcement and fines for non-compliance on the rise, it is critical that shippers of infectious substances are fully trained in the regulations.
What is Covered
This course covers the fundamentals of shipping infectious substances and diagnostic specimens. The course encompasses all of the activities which must be addressed when preparing a hazardous material for shipment. This course has been updated to include recent changes to the regulations, including HM-215D. The course also covers shipments containing dry ice.
- Infectious Substances, Category A (UN 2814 and UN 2900)
- Biological Substances, Category B (UN 3373)
- Patient Specimens
- Carbon dioxide, solid (dry ice), Class 9 (UN 1845)
- Define dangerous goods.
- Recall the nine dangerous goods classes and three types of packing groups.
- Classify infectious substances correctly for proper packaging and shipping.
- Package dangerous goods according to regulatory requirements.
- Identify correct labeling requirements on dangerous goods shipping containers.
- Complete documentation and shipping forms.
- Explain the training and certification requirements for dangerous goods.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Classification of Dangerous Goods
- Packaging Requirements
- Labeling and Marking Requirements
- Declaration Forms and Documentation Requirements
- Training and Certification Requirements
Volume Discounts & Course Delivery Options
Volume discounts apply for all Evolve e-Learning safety and compliance courses above 25 learners. Online shoppers can select a healthcare compliance course bundle for even greater savings!
Larger organizations can contact us today to discuss your training needs and for a free course evaluation! We can design the course bundle that meets your specific training requirements and budgetary needs.
You can deliver our courses on your current LMS or Evolve’s hosted LMS for fast implementation.