Compressed Gas Safety Training
Gases for medical use are prescription drugs that must be carefully used, moved, and stored per regulations and guidelines from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the National Fire Protection Association, and the Food and Drug Administration. Ignoring these regulations and guidelines can lead to the serious injury or death of employees and patients, as well as destruction of property, fire or explosion. This compressed gas safety training course informs healthcare workers about the uses, hazards and safe use, handling and storage of compressed gases.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize hazards associated with compressed gases.
- Recall and recognize cylinder labeling, color coding and other identification requirements.
- Explain and recall cylinder safety systems.
- Recall and practice safe use, handling and storage of compressed gas cylinders.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Compressed Gas – Risks and Hazards
- Compressed Gas – Safe Use
- Cylinder Safety Systems
- Compressed Gas – Safe Transport and Storage