Volume discounts apply above 25 learners. Contact Evolve sales for a price quote and to schedule your free course evaluation!
Latex Allergy Course
Allergy to latex was first recognized in the late 1970s. Since then, it has become a major health concern as an increased number of people in the workplace are affected. Healthcare workers exposed to latex gloves or medical products containing latex are especially at risk. It is estimated that 8-12 percent of healthcare workers are latex sensitive, with reactions ranging from irritant contact dermatitis to immediate, possibly life-threatening, sensitivity. This latex allergy training course informs healthcare workers about products and practices that can trigger a latex allergy and how to lessen the chance of an allergic reaction.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what latex is and the distinction between natural rubber latex and synthetic rubber.
- List occupations and populations at risk for latex allergy.
- Explain why latex allergy has grown more prevalent in the last 30 years.
- Identify common latex containing products.
- Describe the three types of reactions associated with latex allergy and common symptoms.
- Identify methods used to diagnose latex allergy; and
- Recall ways to prevent or reduce the risk of latex allergy.
- Introduction and Objectives
- A Closer Look at Latex
- Latex Reactions and Symptoms
- Diagnosis and Prevention
Volume Discounts & Course Delivery Options
Volume discounts apply for all Evolve e-Learning safety and compliance courses above 25 learners. Online shoppers can select a healthcare compliance course bundle for even greater savings!
Larger organizations can contact us today to discuss your training needs and for a free course evaluation! We can design the course bundle that meets your specific training requirements and budgetary needs.
You can deliver our courses on your current LMS or Evolve’s hosted LMS for fast implementation.