PPE course so your staff can ensure they wear the correct PPE for the hazards they face.
Personal Protective Equipment for Healthcare Workers
Personal Protective Equipment Training
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is not a luxury, nor an optional convenience. PPE provides a barrier against physical, chemical, radiological, and biological hazards for healthcare staff. PPE is designed to help prevent workers from exposure to a variety of hazards including, but not limited to, bloodborne pathogens, infectious diseases, ergonomic injuries, splashes, spills, punctures, and cuts. This personal protective equipment training course covers the types of PPE used in healthcare settings, its requirements and limitations and also teaches the learner how to properly don, doff, maintain and dispose of contaminated PPE.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between employer and employee responsibilities for PPE.
- Identify appropriate types of PPE.
- Recognize the factors in selecting appropriate PPE.
- Properly don, doff and use PPE.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Responsibility and Control
- Types of PPE
- Selection of PPE
- How to safely don, doff and use PPE
- 29 CFR 1910.1030 Bloodborne Pathogens
- 29 CFR 1910.132 Personal Protective Equipment
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.