Online Electrical Safety training course for healthcare organizations.
Electrical Safety for Healthcare
Electrical Safety Training
Electricity is fundamental in the delivery of many healthcare related services. Yet for each of these examples; there are numerous examples of where electricity is dangerous and even life threatening in the healthcare setting. Electrical accidents can involve enough current to shock or even kill you and recent numbers from the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports electrical burns send 2,000 workers to burn centers each year and in total there are roughly 4,000 non-disabling and 3,600 disabling injuries annually from work with electricity. With these alarming statistics it is important that employees receive electrical safety training to help prevent accidental injuries.
This electrical safety training course provides a basic understanding of electricity, how to identify electrical hazards in the workplace, safe work practices, safety tips to reduce your potential for electric shock, and how to respond to an emergency situation involving electricity. The goal of this course is to educate workers on the hazards of electricity in the healthcare environment as well as safe electrical work practices.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recall how electricity works and the concept of Ohm’s Law.
- Describe the effects of electricity on the body and injuries associated with electricity.
- Describe hazards of electricity.
- Recognize electrical hazards and injuries in the healthcare environment.
- Recall and follow safe work practices and hazard reporting procedures.
- Introduction and Objectives
- Basics of Electricity
- Effects of Electricity on the Body
- Electrical Hazards and Injuries
- Prevention and Reporting
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.