Online Formaldehyde Safety training course to ensure safe handling of formaldehyde.
Formaldehyde Safety Training
Formaldehyde is a colorless, strong-smelling gas often found in water based solutions and is found in chemical solutions, household products, chemicals used in hair salons, glues, permanent press fabrics, paper product coatings, particle board, fiberboard, and plywood. Formaldehyde is one of the most common industrial chemicals in use today. It is widely used as an industrial fungicide, a germicide and disinfectant and is commonly used as a preservative in medical laboratories and mortuaries. Because it is estimated that over four million people work with formaldehyde, it is important that workers are provided formaldehyde safety training to educate them on the uses and dangers of formaldehyde and safe work practices when using it in the workplace. This course covers the routes of exposure, health effects and symptoms of formaldehyde exposure, exposure limits and medical surveillance, response to exposures and spills, and safe work practices and other forms of hazard control.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- List the uses of formaldehyde
- Identify potential health effects of working with formaldehyde
- Recognize exposure hazards and routes of exposure
- Recognize when medical surveillance is required
- Recall how to respond to spills and exposures
- Recall safe work practices and other hazard control measures
- Introduction and Objectives
- Exposure: Routes, Hazards, Symptoms
- Exposure Limits and Medical Surveillance
- Exposure Incidents and Spill Response
- Exposure Controls and Prevention
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.